Tetherdown continues to perform above the national average in all areas. Changes to external guidance throughout the academic year lead to a very strict marking scheme being used in schools for the Teacher Assessment of Writing.
The Senior Leadership Team evaluates the data and works with governors to identify strategies which will support children in working beyond expectations; implementing ways to ensure pupils achieve highly in all areas of their learning. This is what we at Tetherdown do well.
- Enhancing our creative curriculum and providing children with exciting and inspiring resources to develop writing in different genres.
- Building on the mathematics curriculum to enable children to grasp concrete, pictorial and abstract ways of learning number facts, skills and strategies whilst being challenged to apply their learning through deeper thinking in a variety of problem-solving situations.
Tetherdown Pupil Outcomes
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, most exams and assessments did not take place in 2019/20 or 2020/21. As a result of this the government announced that it would not publish school level results data in autumn 2020 or autumn 2021. As such schools are not required to publish their exam and assessment results from 2019 to 2020 academic year as these have not been published as performance measures by the Secretary of State.
Below you will find a summary of pupil outcomes for the period 2019 (pre Covid), 2022 and 2023:
- EYFS (outcomes 2023 only)
- Year 1 Phonics
- End of Key Stage 1 Year 2
- End of Key Stage 2 Year 6