Free School Meals (FSM)
Free School Meals is not the same as Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM) where the government provides funding for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 if your child is in a government-funded school. Let us know if you also get any of the qualifying benefits as Tetherdown can then get extra funding if you do.
Your child may be eligible for free school meals (FSM) if you are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support.
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your annual household net income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get and as assessed by earnings from up to 3 of your most recent assessment periods).
To find out whether your child qualifies for free school meals, and hence whether Tetherdown Primary school would receive additional funding, please fill in the details requested using the free school meals Eligibility Checker below. In some circumstances we may ask you to provide confirmation that you are in receipt of any of the benefits listed above. Parents can also find a useful FAQ on the Eligibility Checker site to assist them.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they will remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they are in on 31st March 2023.
Eligible pupils will receive free school meals and Tetherdown School will receive extra funding.
Moving Into Haringey from another Local Authority or Moving within Haringey and in Receipt of FSM
If you are currently in receipt of FSM and are moving into Haringey from a different borough OR have moved within Haringey it is your responsibility to inform Tetherdown Primary School that you are in receipt of FSM. If you have lost your proof, you will need to contact your former local authority or school who will be able to provide proof. You must provide this proof to Tetherdown.
Further information about applying for FSM in England is also available on the government website.
Haringey Clothing Grant
You can apply for a one-off school clothing grant of £60 via Haringey if:
- you live in Haringey and
- your child is eligible for free school meals and
- your child’s date of birth is between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011
- your child transferred to secondary school in September 2022